Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Holiday Spirits"

Oil on Board. Approx 9"x12"

I noodled over a title for this piece with my wife. A few suggestions were "The Happy Couple", "Holiday Spirits", "BFF's". Anyway this is the last Christmas commission for the year. I'd like to say that I am done for the year but i will be posting at least 5 more paintings this month. Going into the new year, I have three or four larger paintings I am planning out. I really can't wait to get those in the works. Soon it will be time to recap 2008 and collect my thoughts on the year to come. It should be an exciting year.

9 comments:

Sanghi said...

Great Work!

Mark Adams said...

Yo, ho, ho and a bottle of rum! I can see you've got a little captain in you. Very nice, Michael.

Artist Toni Grote said...

Great painting Michael! It caught my eye immediately. I am a captain girl myself :)
Take care,
Toni

Peggi Habets Studio said...

Great holidy painting. I like the title "Happy Couple" too. funny.

Jeff Mahorney said...

Amazing work and a still life after my own heart. Ah, sweet self medication. I was thinking "take two and call me in the morning" but too long a name. I love the amber shades coming through. Though highlights pop!

PastelGuy said...

Great title. Sometimes when I get stuck in a painting, I ask Jack for a little help. (He usually pulls through!)

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

This painting is awesome, looks like a party waiting to happen--I'm still working on my Christmas commissions.

Unknown said...

A downright gorgeous painting. I had a look through the rest of your paintings, the avocados are stunning, the rich and luscious color perfectly captured.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful.
A lot of patience in observation and execution in this one.