Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Portobello Mushrooms"

Oil on 1/4" Board. Approx 6"x6" SOLD

This is the first time with this subject. As for mushrooms, I think you either love 'em or hate 'em...I love them. I also love how this painting turned out. The textures and lighting are exactly what I was going for. ALSO, I forgot to mention on my last post that there was a small article about me and my Daily Paintings. You can click here to view it. My wife actually wrote and submitted it without me knowing so it was a pleasant surprise seeing it printed. It is great having support like that. She is the best (and she's not standing right behind me telling me what to type).

3 comments:

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Michael, you have captured that strangely unique mushroom texture! I love the softness and earthiness of this. Beautiful!

Sharon Bancroft said...

I agree, this is lovely. The background color was a great choice for these mushrooms.
Congrats on the press, and kudos to your wife for being so supportive!

Anonymous said...

Wow! They look delicious!!

I would love a set of various paintings like this one, and other things like red / green / yellow peppers to put up in my kitchen. It's stunning.

I wish I could paint like that!