Friday, February 08, 2008

New Portrait and a Little Update

Graphite on Bristol Board. 12"x16"

I know I haven't been posting very regularly lately but I have good reasons. One reason is I was working on the above portraits. I really like how they came out and so did the client. Nice. Also, we finally sold our house and are packing everything up. We have to be out next weekend and into a temporary house for 3 weeks. I will do my best to get some painting done there but it will be a challenge. But it will all be worth it when we move into the new house in Wheaton. We can't wait. We will finally have a nursery AND a studio. That's right folks, no more painting at the kitchen table. So please bare with me and stay tuned...

3 comments:

Michel McNinch said...

Congratulations! You have so many wonderful changes happening. Hope you slow down enough to savor them. This is a life worth living! Great portrait by the way. The expression all of the siblings are worth remembering! Touching.

Hattermad said...

Great Choice, Wheaton, got a Carlson's Art Supply there...fantastic place...

Love your portraits,esp. these more spontaneous, un-posed ones...

Roxanne Steed said...

this portrait is STUNNING & SO BEAUTIFUL. Best wishes on the move, it'll be worth the hassle to have designated painting space & BABY space! Congrats & good cheer!